Thursday 25 June 2009

Hops & Glory Update

As BsBB pointed out in a comment on the last post I have now finished this book, and it's brilliant, insightful, interesting, well-researched and just damn fascinating.

It's not just one for beer enthusiasts either, I would recommend it to anyone with a passing interest in sailing, history, the Empire, human nature or comedy because it's got strong components of all those things.

I wasn't originally going to update because I was embarassed to find myself mentioned in it and I didn't want people to think that I'd been shamelessly plugging it to big up my one line of infamy! But BsBB's minorly chastising comment has prodded me to do so. Enjoy!

1 comment:

BsBB said...

Thanks for the update! You just sold a book for Pete. Also, in my opinion, if you're mentioned in a book you should throw out a shameless plug. Much deserved.